Today we launched @NHSX. After lots of planning and staffing and talking with many of you about what’s needed — it’s finally a thing.
We talked today about our @NHSX missions:
- Reducing the burden on clinicians and staff, so they can focus on patients
- Giving people the tools to access information and services directly
- Ensuring clinical information can be safely accessed, wherever it is needed
- Aiding the improvement of patient safety across the NHS
- Improving NHS productivity with digital technology
You’ll be hearing about those a lot. They’re focusing much of our work.
We heard in London from @Liz_ORiordan, Dr Rupert Page, @VicRayner and @ClaireLSutton, and in Leeds from Julie Lindley, @PhilipCGleeson, @DigiBeteUK and @DrGarethThomas. Our panelists talked about their experiences and user needs that we can help with, as the system.
Speaking as patients, clinicians, digital transformers of social care, and health tech innovators — they helped us focus our thoughts on why we’re here: to make sure patients and staff have the tech they need.
We have lots left to do, so @NHSX can play the role we know it needs to play. But we took a big step today, launching the centre’s coordinated team to drive transformation. Looking fwd to working with many of you in local health & care, to help maximise your impact too.